EZ-Bar Curl - The complete guide
EZ-Bar curl is one of the greatest exercise for your biceps.
This time I will discuss how to bicep curl, and what are the common mistakes you should avoid.
Equipments needed: EZ-Bar (known as Olympic Bar).
|EZ-Bar Curl exercise|
How to EZ-Bar Curl:
1. Stand straight and hold the bar with a wide grip where you see some kind of sinking, a place where you can place your hands. Your handhelds should be facing forward with a slight positioning to the inside because of the bar shape. Keep your elbows close to your torso. This will be your starting position.
2. Now, While your upper arm is stable, exhale and raise the bar up, contracting your biceps. Focus on moving ONLY your arm.
3. Keep raising the bar until your biceps are fully contracted and the end of the bar is equaling shoulders height.
4. Inhale and move the bar down back to the starting position.
5. Repeat for your specific target of reps.
Bicep Curl common mistakes:
1. The biggest mistake peopel doing while bicpe curling is moving the back backwards. This is count as a cheat! Your body need to be stable and you should be moving only your arm while performing this exercise.
2. Another mistake is moving the elbows. Make sure they are stable near your torso! Dont let them move!
3. Control the weight - do not "drop" the bar back to the starting position too fast. do it slow.
Ez-Bar Curl (bicep curl) video:
Good luck and have fun curling!
curls get the gurls.