Whey Protein - Should I take it?
Whey protein - yes or no? In this article I will focus about a big question: Is whey protein is recommended to take, when you should take it, why you should take it, and explain the advatages and disadvantages of using whey protein.
What is whey protein?
Whey protein is a supplement staple used by bodybuilders, fitness enthusiasts and athlethes in order to recover the muscles faster, lean muscle growth and helps to reach the recommended ammount of protein for a man in a day.
Why people take whey protein?
As said above, whey protein is good for muscle recovery and muscle growth.
Must of the people can't reach the recommended ammount of protein grams each day, so they have to take an additional supplement of protein to reach the number of protein grams they need to reach.
The ammount depends the person weight. Double you weight, and this is the number of protein a bodybuilder need to reach each day. For example, if your weight is 65kg, You will need to reach 130gr of protein each day as a bodybuilder for effective muscle growth and recovery.
How to choose a whey protein
There are 3 main types of whey protein: isolate, concentrate, and blend.
The most quality type (and expensive) is the whey protein isolate, which is the must pure form of the whey protein.
Try and choose the best protein with the lowest fat, carbs, and lactose. Get one with high ammount of protein per serving and low ammount of calories (Unless you want to raise your mass, then you should use Mass Gainer). Don't buy unknown source whey protein isolate powders and ask people who already know something in the whey protein world about their recommendations of good whey protein.
Advantages of whey protein
- The whey protein digestion time is much less than a protein comes from organic protein food.
- Running out of tuna? hey, you have a great protein source to do anytime, fast!
- Whey protein contains gluathione, which is good for the health immune system.
- High protein, low calories - Help you lose your fat.
Disadvantages of whey protein
- It will not raise your mass.
- Some people take too much protein (about 4-5grams for 1kg of their body weight) which is bad and can be very harmfull to the body.
- Some people use the whey protein instead of eating a good meal. Whey protein is not a replacement for a meal and it is recommended to have protein from different sources of food.
When to take whey protein?
You can take your whey protein whenever you want, but I will tell you when is the best time to take it.
- After a workout: Some researches say that taking a good source of protein 0-30 minutes after a workout will help your muscles regenerate faster and has more effect.
- In the morning: After a long time of no-eating in the night, it is recommended to take whey protein in the morning to continue the muscles growth.
My whey protein recommendations
As a bodybuilder, I recommend you to check out 100% Whey Gold Standart whey protein of OP (Optimum nutrition), my favourite flavor is Chocolate.
|Dymatize iso 100|
In addition, I would reocmment on Dymatize ISO 100, that can be found in different flavors such as banana, Cookies and cream, berry, chocolate, vanilla, pina colada and more flavors. These are my recommended products for bodybuilding, Soon I will explain on Creatine and more products you should check out.
Hope you liked my article, keep updated on the latest information of the health and fitness blog!